Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Hey, What Did You Guys Do Today?






I had the best day ever. After driving Husband to work at 4am, I crawled back up into bed with my laptop and played on the internet until the caffeine from this morning's coffee wore off. Then I took a little nap.....until about 11am. If Husband were here, he'd be quick to point out that the term "nap" only really applies to periods of sleep that are less than what one would experience during a full nights rest. Unfortunately, he's not here to correct me:( 

Then I woke up again and watched an episode of That 70's Show while eating Cheerios with bananas. Next is cleaning, which for a teeny tiny family of two (one of whom only stops by for dinner and a shower) takes 5 minutes. After walking around and picking up the moths and other assorted bugs that died in the night with a tissue, I washed the 2 puny dishes in the sink and was ready to move on to something more challenging. Luckily right then Leah called, Yay! After a friendly chat I promptly forgot about my challenging task for the afternoon and decided to bake something. With neither a proper recipe, mixing bowl nor exact ingredients I fashioned a peach cobbler! Basically out of thin air! As far as I can tell at the moment, only two possible things could be wrong with it: 1) I used too much sugar and may accidentally turn us into diabetics later in life. 2) I may not have cooked it long enough, and it may therefore be mushy and doughy on the inside. I'm pretty sure we'll still eat it. 

Then, with leftover peach-flavored sugar I refilled the hummingbird feeder on the porch. As I was eyeballing the mean lookin' wasp (who has set up shop on that other feeder, and has  watched me whenever I've ventured outside for 2 solid days) my first hummingbird appeared! Seriously, I walked inside to get my camera and when I came back he was there. I decided to call him Henry, after Seal and Heidi Klum's first son. This I know from watching True Hollywood Story of Heidi Klum yesterday. Excellent episode. 

1 comment: