Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another Heart Warming Tale of Love and Devotion

Brought to you by me, via Ms. Vicky:
___________________________________

Hi Vicki,

"My niece is in the military and she’s scheduled to go on her second deployment sometime this year. My concern is with her ex-boyfriend who is the father of her son.

"He’s been living with a married woman whose husband is deployed and will return in the next month or so. From the information I received, this isn't his first indiscretion.

"I'm somewhat in awe that he would disrupt the camaraderie that Soldiers have among themselves. And this guy is proud to call himself a Soldier!

"This lady is going to ask her husband for a divorce when he gets home from deployment. I can't imagine what this fellow Soldier will endure when he’s informed of her actions.

"Besides disrupting his son's life what will he do to his fellow Soldier’s life? Is there and disciplinary action that the military can take?"

Sincerely,

A concerned aunt
_____________________________________________

Oh! The twisted web of lies and deceit! The Niece, the Son, the Baby Daddy, the Other Woman and the Other Woman's Husband! Three of them are soldiers!

I don't know why exactly, although I have some educated guesses, but infidelity like this runs rampant in Military culture. As we were having French toast for lunch today (we have very sophisticated palates), I heard yet another story that will end in divorce. It's completely unsettling, and makes me want to play the denial game even harder.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go paint my nails and watch Marie Antoinette while pretending that my marriage isn't statistically doomed to fail because I agreed to marry a man set on joining the stupid military. Thats right, I said STUPID.



No comments:

Post a Comment